hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dhaval Shah <prince_mithi...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: How can I export HBase table using start and stop row key
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:57:13 GMT
The version you are using only support PrefixFilter and RegexFilter for scans. Unless your
start and stop row have the same prefix (or you can somehow get it into a regex), you won't
be able to do it as is. You can always write your own export (we did that to support some
more functionality like batching, etc and its very easy to do)

 From: karunakar <lkarunakar86@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 21 October 2013 5:40 PM
Subject: How can I export HBase table using start and stop row key

I would like to fetch data from hbase table using map reduce export API. I
see that I can fetch data using start and stop time, but I don't see any
information regarding start and stop row key. Can any expert guide me or
give me an example in order fetch first 1000 rows (or start and stop row
key) using export API ?

Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.1.2 HBase 0.92.1-cdh4.1.2

Thank you.