hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jim Holloway <jim.hollo...@windstream.net>
Subject TableMapReduceUtil, multiple scan objects, how to identify originating scan object in mapper
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:44:28 GMT
Hello,

I’m using the new 94.6 multi scan feature to pull rows from different tables
into a single mapper.

			ArrayList<Scan> scans = new ArrayList<Scan>();
			scans.add(scanMain);
			scans.add(scanJunction);

			TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob(scans,
					EI_ExtractType3Mapper1.class,
					Text.class,
					Text.class,
					job1);

My problem is I don’t know how to identify the source (table) of a
particular row coming in to my mapper job.  My first couple of map/reduce
jobs I had the luxury of being able to identify the table source based on a
specific characteristic of the row key (one of the tables having an
underscore(_) embedded).  Knew that was sloppy but haven’t been able to find
a better way.

Is there a definitive way?

Jim