hbase-user mailing list archives

From hardik doshi <kool_har...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Temp directory permission issue in LoadIncrementalHFiles
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 16:03:26 GMT
Adding dev@hbase.

-Hardik.

________________________________
 From: hardik doshi <kool_hardik@yahoo.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:31 PM
Subject: Temp directory permission issue in LoadIncrementalHFiles

Hello,

We're using LoadIncrementalHFiles.doBulkLoad to upload HFiles to an hbase table in bulk programmatically.
But at times, the HFiles are too big to fit in a single region. So, the doBulkLoad method
splits and stores the parts
in a _tmp directory. This _tmp directory has 755 as permission and because of it, when actual
upload
starts we get an exception since the hbase user do not have permission to move this _tmp directory.

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=hbase, access=WRITE,
inode="/tmp/BulkHBaseLoad/1380673269233/E/_tmp":bulkloader:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x

We do set fs.permissions.umask-mode to 000 at the start of the job. (Which I believe has no
effect)

I understand that this the same problem described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8495

I was wondering if there's any work around that i can use before the HBASE-8495 gets fixed.

Thanks,
Hardik.