hbase-user mailing list archives

From hardik doshi <kool_har...@yahoo.com>
Subject Temp directory permission issue in LoadIncrementalHFiles
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 23:31:46 GMT
Hello,

We're using LoadIncrementalHFiles.doBulkLoad to upload HFiles to an hbase table in bulk programmatically.
But at times, the HFiles are too big to fit in a single region. So, the doBulkLoad method
splits and stores the parts
in a _tmp directory. This _tmp directory has 755 as permission and because of it, when actual
upload
starts we get an exception since the hbase user do not have permission to move this _tmp directory.

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=hbase, access=WRITE,
inode="/tmp/BulkHBaseLoad/1380673269233/E/_tmp":bulkloader:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x

We do set fs.permissions.umask-mode to 000 at the start of the job. (Which I believe has no
effect)

I understand that this the same problem described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8495

I was wondering if there's any work around that i can use before the HBASE-8495 gets fixed.

Thanks,
Hardik.