hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vrodio...@carrieriq.com>
Subject RE: HBase Negation or NOT operator
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:08:41 GMT
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix to your help. It is worth taking a look at least.

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: vrodionov@carrieriq.com

From: Ashwin Jain [ashvyn.jain@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:34 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: HBase Negation or NOT operator

Hello All,

Does HBase not support an SQL NOT operator on complex filters? I would like
to filter out whatever matches a complex nested filter.

my use case is to parse a query like this(below) and build a HBase filter
from it.
(field1=value1 AND NOT ((field2=value2 OR field3=value3) AND field4=value4))

How to go about this , any ideas?  What will be a better approach -
implement a custom filter that excludes a row qualified by another filter
or to convert input query into an opposite query.

Thanks,
Ashwin