hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pavan Sudheendra <pavan0...@gmail.com>
Subject How is pig so much faster than my java MR job?
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 13:32:02 GMT
Hi all,
I have a question which is bugging me for more than a week.
I'm doing some computation across 3 tables in hbase where 1 table is around
25m rows, 2nd table 5m rows and 3rd table 1m rows..

My Java MR job takes a long time to execute.. (in terms of hours) but a pig
script does the same task in under an hour.. A 6 node cluster FYI

Can anybody tell me why Java MR application is slower than a pig script?