hbase-user mailing list archives

From kiran chitturi <chitturikira...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: not able to read configuration value from hbase-site.xml (0.94.7)
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2013 10:05:14 GMT
Thank you Ted for your response.

Please find the stack trace below:

2013-09-07 00:43:59,924 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost: Error starting
> coprocessor org.abc.hbase.documents.Coprocessor
> java.io.IOException: Could not initialize
> at org.abc.hbase.documents.Coprocessor.start(Coprocessor.java:76)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost$Environment.startup(CoprocessorHost.java:654)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost.loadInstance(CoprocessorHost.java:312)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost.load(CoprocessorHost.java:270)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.loadTableCoprocessors(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:190)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.<init>(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:154)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.<init>(HRegion.java:498)
>  at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
> at
>  at
> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.newHRegion(HRegion.java:4135)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:4318)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.openRegion(OpenRegionHandler.java:330)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.process(OpenRegionHandler.java:101)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler.run(EventHandler.java:175)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
> at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:394)
> at org.abc.hbase.documents.Coprocessor.start(Coprocessor.java:70)
>  ... 18 more

In Coprocessor class line 70, I have the below line

props.put("zk.connect", env.getConfiguration().get("a.zk.connect"));

I have defined the variable 'a.zk.connect' in hbase-site.xml and restarted
HBase. The HBase conf directory is in the classpath when HBase is started.

I am not exactly sure where things are going wrong. Do you guys have any
suggestions ?

Thanks,