hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ashwin Jain <ashvyn.j...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase Negation or NOT operator
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:34:58 GMT
Hello All,

Does HBase not support an SQL NOT operator on complex filters? I would like
to filter out whatever matches a complex nested filter.

my use case is to parse a query like this(below) and build a HBase filter
from it.
(field1=value1 AND NOT ((field2=value2 OR field3=value3) AND field4=value4))

How to go about this , any ideas?  What will be a better approach -
implement a custom filter that excludes a row qualified by another filter
or to convert input query into an opposite query.

Thanks,
Ashwin