hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ron Echeverri <recheve...@maprtech.com>
Subject quieting HBase metrics
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:17:08 GMT
In http://hbase.apache.org/book/hbase_metrics.html we see

"""
15.4.2. Warning To Ganglia Users

Warning to Ganglia Users: by default, HBase will emit a LOT of metrics per
RegionServer which may swamp your installation. Options include either
increasing Ganglia server capacity, or configuring HBase to emit fewer
metrics.
"""

However, although there is documentation to help set up Ganglia metrics for
HBase, there doesn't seem to be any that shows how to make HBase emit fewer
metrics.  Could someone lend me a hand?  I have increased the period in
hadoop-metrics.properties but that has proven insufficient.

thanks
rone