hbase-user mailing list archives

From Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loading hbase-site.xml settings from Hadoop MR job
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 00:08:38 GMT
Hi Dolan,

2013/9/23 Dolan Antenucci <antenucci.d@gmail.com>

> Hi Renato,
>
> Can you clarify your recommendation?

Sorry about this. I will try to be more helpful (:

> Currently I've added the directory
> where my hbase-site.xml file lives (/etc/hbase/conf/) to my Hadoop
> classpath (as described above).

So this means in theory that all your Hadoop Cluster knows this
hbase-site.xml, but this also means that the hbase-site.xml should be
present in all nodes within your cluster.

> Note: from the client machine (where I'm
> starting my MR job), I generated the above class path by running "hadoop
> classpath".

Could you please double check that the hbase-site.xml is actually available
for this client?

> Also worth noting that the /etc/hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml file
> on this client machine points to the correct ZK quorum.
>
> Thanks

Hope I helped a little bit more.

Renato M.