hbase-user mailing list archives

From Haijia Zhou <leons...@gmail.com>
Subject FILE_BYTES_READ counter missing for HBase mapreduce job
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 18:46:33 GMT
Hi,
 Basically I have a mapreduce job to scan a hbase table and do some
processing. After the job finishes, I only got three filesystem counters:
HDFS_BYTES_READ, HDFS_BYTES_WRITTEN and FILE_BYTES_WRITTEN.
 The value of HDFS_BYTES_READ is not very useful here because it shows the
size of the .META file, not the size of input records.
 I am looking for counter FILE_BYTES_READ but somehow it's missing in the
job status report.

 Does anyone know what I might miss here?

 Thanks
Haijia

P.S. The job status report
 FileSystemCounters
HDFS_BYTES_READ
 340,124      0           340,124
FILE_BYTES_WRITTEN
190,431,329      0       190,431,329
HDFS_BYTES_WRITTEN
272,538,467,123      0   272,538,467,123