hbase-user mailing list archives

From John Foxinhead <john.foxinh...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase ports
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:14:26 GMT
Hi all. I'm doing a project for my university so that i have to know
perfectly how all the Hbase ports work. Studing the documentation i found
that Zookeeper accept connection on port 2181, Hbase master on port 60000
and Hbase regionservers on port 60020. I didn't understand the importance
of port 60010 on master and port 60030 on regionservers. Can i not use them?
More important: if i launch Hbase in pseudo-distribuited mode, running all
processes on localhost, what ports are used for each of the processes if i
launch 1, 2, 3 or more backup masters and if i launch few regionservers
(less than 10) or a lot of regionservers (10, 20, 100)?