hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Whitehead <dri...@megahappy.net>
Subject Re: Needed to restart HBase. Now Master won't start
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:54:55 GMT
This *looks like* Hbase was started in standalone mode with a semi-empty
hbase-site.xml config with only hbase.rootdir set and no external zookeeper
setup.

This means zookeeper was started using /tmp/hbase-hbase/zookeeper[...]. At
some point /tmp got cleaned up but since zookeeper was running everything
ran normally until your restart. Unfortunately I don't know how to recover
from such a scenario.