hbase-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hbase ports
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:43:13 GMT
On 23 September 2013 19:14, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM, John Foxinhead <john.foxinhead@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi all. I'm doing a project for my university so that i have to know
> > perfectly how all the Hbase ports work. Studing the documentation i found
> > that Zookeeper accept connection on port 2181, Hbase master on port 60000
> > and Hbase regionservers on port 60020. I didn't understand the importance
> > of port 60010 on master and port 60030 on regionservers. Can i not use
> > them?
> >

> From the documentation (http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#config.files):
>
> hbase.regionserver.info.port
>
> The port for the HBase RegionServer web UI Set to -1 if you do not want the
> RegionServer UI to run.
>
> Default: 60030
> You can look for the other port in there too.
>

> > More important: if i launch Hbase in pseudo-distribuited mode, running
> all
> > processes on localhost, what ports are used for each of the processes if
> > launch 1, 2, 3 or more backup masters and if i launch few regionservers
> > (less than 10) or a lot of regionservers (10, 20, 100)?
> >

>  It'll clash, you'll have to have different hbase-site.xml for each process
> you want to start.

you can get away with just using 0 as the port numbers and let the nodes
sort it out for themseves, though fixing the master web ui port is useful
if you want to  bookmark it and avoid playing with netstat, jps and lsof to
work out which port a given process is listening on

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE