hbase-user mailing list archives

From hadoopyod <harikrishna.gogin...@gmail.com>
Subject How To Create Partitions In Hbase Table As Like Hive Table Partitions
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:40:53 GMT
We are planning to migrate from CDH3 to CDH4, as part of this migration we
also planning to bring HBASE into out system because it also updates to the
data, in CDH3 we are using Hive as warehouse.

Here we are having the major problem in migration, Hive supports partitions
to tables. And our system has many tables in different schemas and some
tables has partitions base on date, we have the history of data from last 5
years (365 * 5 partitions exists in some tables).

We want to achieve the same behavior in HBase also, when I browsed I couldnt
find the solution for creating partitions in HBase. Can any one help me in
implementing this partition wised table creation in HBase.

Its really great help if we can find at least some work around solutions
also.