hbase-user mailing list archives

From brian geary <bge...@mitre.org>
Subject Hadoop Streaming and Hbase
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:36:36 GMT
Hello:

We would like to avoid the development cycle with compiled languages, such
as Java.
We also want to only do the map portion, not the reduce.
We also want to take advantage of statistical packages within Python.

The question is.  What are the best options for doing this? Would we just
use python as the streaming application (not sure what support python has
for HBase). Would we use something like Groovy that allows to use the Java
apis and connect to HBase and then pipe the output into python?  Seems there
could be many ways to do this. Not sure of what is most commonly done and if
there is any documentation related to this.

Thanks
Brian