hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vrodio...@carrieriq.com>
Subject RE: passing a parameter to an observer coprocessor
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:53:56 GMT

Add fake cf + column to your Put operation

Put put = new Put(row);

put.addFamily("COMMAND".getBytes(), "flag".getBytes(),"true".getBytes());

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: vrodionov@carrieriq.com

From: Wei Tan [wtan@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:36 AM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: passing a parameter to an observer coprocessor

Hi all,

   I want to add some dynamic behavior to my observer cp, say:

postPut(){

if(flag) {do function1()};
else {do function2()}

}

  Is there a way to dynamically change the value of flag? One Feasible
approaches is to change a value in table descriptor, but then I need to
restart the table. Is there a way to pass a parameter using an API, say,
from an endpoint, to an observer? Another way to ask this question is, is
there a shared variable between an observer, and an endpoint, in a common
table?

Thanks,
Wei