hbase-user mailing list archives

From Suhas Satish <suhas.sat...@gmail.com>
Subject sqoop import into secure Hbase with kerberos
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 19:16:19 GMT
I have configured hbase 94.9  with kerberos successfully for authentication
and authorization as mentioned in the CDH security docs. I am using sqoop
1.4.3. Is there any configuration required from the sqoop client side for
kerberos?

I have the following permissions on hbase tables -
hbase(main):003:0> grant 'kuser1', 'RWXCA', 'demo'
ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Insufficient
permissions (user=kuser1, scope=demo, family=, qualifer=, action=ADMIN)

bin/sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://10.10.1.10/TestDB    --table t1
 --hbase-table  t1  --column-family world

When I try to import into it using sqoop with the above cmd, I get the
following error -

2013-08-05 11:59:33,121 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Token generation
only allowed for Kerberos authenticated clients
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.token.TokenProvider.getAuthenticationToken(TokenProvider.java:87)
 at
at
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.exec(HRegion.java:5576)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.execCoprocessor(HRegionServer.java:3868)
 at
at
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine$Server.call(SecureRpcEngine.java:308)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1426)

Thanks,
Suhas.