hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vamshi Krishna <vamshi2...@gmail.com>
Subject regions are not getting distributed
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:00:51 GMT
Hello all,
            I set up a 2 node hbase cluster. I inserted million rows in to
hbase table. Machine1-master and region server
machine-2-only region server.
After the insertion completed, Still i see the 4 regions formed for the
inserted table are residing on the machine -1 only. I waited more than 5
minutes, as the default balancer period is 5min from hbase apache
documentation. But, still i notice all the 4 regions of the table are on
machine-1 only. not distributed automatically.
I even enabled the balancer from shell using     "balance_switch true" but
no result even after 5 min.

Could any one tell me why is it happening so.?

Vamshi Krishna