hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vamshi Krishna <vamshi2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Will hbase automatically distribute the data across region servers or NOT..??
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 06:23:41 GMT
Facing a new problem again.
Each time i start hbase and try to create a table on hbase shell, i see

hbase(main):002:0> create 'student', 'marks'

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException: Master is initializing

I guessed some administrative work is in progress and  noticed the
http://<hostname>:60010
(hbase master web UI).
For so much time i observe the below status and not able to stop the hbase
also during this time.

Start Time Description State Status  Mon Aug 26 11:35:21 IST 2013 Master
startup RUNNING (since 15mins, 47sec ago) Submit log splitting work of
non-meta region servers (since 15mins, 38sec ago)

Is some thing to do with the below property? I have commented and
uncommented the below property in my hbase-site.xml, still i see the same
thing in both cases.

<property>
<name>hbase.master.distributed.log.splitting</name>
<value>true</value>
 </property>

In master log, i don't see any thing wrong, except below line when i
searched with a string 'error'.

2013-08-26 11:35:22,463 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics.SchemaMetrics: Inconsistent
configuration. Previous configuration for using table name in metrics:
true, new configuration: false
2013-08-26 11:35:22,467 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileWriterV2: Initialized with
CacheConfig:disabled
.
.
.
(I don't know whether the above line has got some significant effect.)

Could any one help..

--
*Regards*
*