hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: HBase/HDFS Data Nodes Management
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:54:41 GMT
Hi Oussama.

1) That's all the goal of Hadoop and HBase ;) You might want to ready
Hadoop the Definitive guide and HBase the Definitive guide...
2) HBase is based on Hadoop and take advantage of it's repplication process.
3) There is also a way to backup the data manually or to configure
replication between different clusters.
4) There is no need to copy between nodes. Backup is more between an
external server and the cluster, or between 2 clusters.

HTH.

JM