hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Setting zookeeper timeout to higher value
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:37:28 GMT
Hadoop (and HBase) us the replication to protect your data. Which mean, the
same data will be written on different servers to protect it. Also, since
data will be spread over different servers, you an run process on them in
parallele, which will make it faster.

With a stand alone instance, you don't have the replication, you don't have
multiple servers, etc.

If you have any failure, it's your data your are going to loose.

As long as you are aware of that, go for it.

JM