hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ishan Chhabra <ichha...@rocketfuel.com>
Subject Scanners with little matching data
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:31:13 GMT

i have a mapreduce job that reads data from hbase. To minimize data
transfer, i have implemented a filter that aggressively filters out data to
be sent back. Now, I am running into a situation where the scanner doesn't
send back anything for the rpc.timwout value, and the client times out,
retries, and repeats. My tasks fail in the initialize phase itself because
it gets stuck in this loop for 10 minutes and then gives up.

I am currently running with hbase.rpc.timeout and
hbase.regionserver.lease.period as 120s. I can increase this further, but
want to understand the cons of doing that first.

Also, is there any other way of getting around this?

*Ishan Chhabra *| Rocket Scientist | RocketFuel Inc.**