hbase-user mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I am curious how to find hbase replication lag
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:28:45 GMT
Ted, thanks for connecting the two discussion. a topic that quite some
folks are looking for solutions.

Alex, as far as my study goes, there is no direct/easy way to get the lag
info that is easily consumable by regular users(i.e. not a hbase expert).
>From user perspecitive, the lag can be either time or quantity. Although
current hbase replication metrics contains a lot of good information, third
party tool/monitor has to be applied (JMX, ganglia, etc.)  On 0.94 level,
the metrics info is at regionsever level, on 95.0 such info also at peer
cluster level. I don't think there is plan for a table-level yet.

However, the use case is valid. For example: I am replicating table t1 from
cluster M1 to cluster S1; how many seconds/minutes the lag is? Well, I
haven't found a good solution yet. :-)

Demai