hbase-user mailing list archives

From Monish r <monishs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Major Compaction in 0.90.6
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:47:54 GMT
Hi Jean,
We are thinking of moving to 0.92 or > down the line , but for now we are
using this version.
If anyone can share what the behavior of hbase in 0.90.x for the above
questions will be great.

One more question to add,

1.Major compaction rewrites a region hfile , even if it has only one hfile
for that region and contains no expired cells ( both by delete or by TTL )
. Doesnt hbase major compaction have any intellegence to determine whether
a rewrite is necessary?

Regards,
R.Monish