hbase-user mailing list archives

From praveenesh kumar <praveen...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing map outputs to HBase
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:26:23 GMT

What is the easiest and efficient way to write a sequence file into HBase.
I want to parse the sequence file. My sequence file has records in the form
of <null,bytes> .

I want to parse each value, generate keys and values in map() function and
write the output into HBase.

I am trying to use HBaseTableUtil class. But I am seeing
TableMapReduceUtil.initTableReducerJob() method that is doing something
that I need. But I guess, it requires some reducer to exist. Am I right
here ?

Other way is to create HBase Configuration object in mapper.setup ()
method, do insertions in map () function and close the connections in
mapper.close () method.

I was wondering what is the industry standard or most efficient way to do
map-side insertion on Hbase.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.