hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pagination with HBase
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 00:55:20 GMT
Hello Jonathan,

You might have to pay special attention to the OFFSET part though. OFFSET
of nth row will not remain n forever. As you insert new rows ordering will
get changed as rows are not arranged in the order of insertion in HBase.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM, Jonathan Cardoso
<jonathancardos@gmail.com>wrote:

> By anil's links I guess what I should use is PageFilter instead of
> ColumnPaginationFilter.
>
> *Jonathan Cardoso** **
> Universidade Federal de Goias*
>

> 2013/8/1 Jonathan Cardoso <jonathancardos@gmail.com>
>
> > Thanks! I've tested ColumnPaginationFilter but It's exactly what I need.
> >
> > Correct me if I'm wrong please, but ColumnPaginationFilter filters the
> > columns of the result, how many of them will be retrieved based on the
> > settings of 'limit' and 'offset' properties.
> >
> > But I need to make a Scan and get only the first X rows, not the first X
> > columns
> >
> > *Jonathan Cardoso** **
> > Universidade Federal de Goias*
> >

> > 2013/8/1 anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
> >
> >> If you need more insight into HBase Pagination, these link might help
> you:
> >> http://search-hadoop.com/m/feqnAUeLR1
> >> http://search-hadoop.com/m/m5zM2rTSkb
> >>

> >> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Pavan Sudheendra <pavan0591@gmail.com