hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client Get vs Coprocessor scan performance
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2013 13:39:25 GMT
bq. Get'ting 100 rows seems to be faster than the FuzzyRowFilter (mask on
the whole length of the key)

In this case the Get's are very selective. The number of rows FuzzyRowFilter
was evaluated against would be much higher.
It would be nice if you remember the time each took.

bq. Also, I am seeing very bad concurrent query performance

Were the multi Get's performed by your coprocessor within region boundary
of the respective coprocessor ? Just to confirm.

bq. that would make Coprocessors almost single threaded across multiple
invocations ?

Let me dig into code some more.

Cheers