hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vinay Mehta <vinay.p.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase.cluster.distributed property in hbase-site.xml
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 09:05:54 GMT
Some one please reply.
I am asking this as at one place in official reference guide its mentioned
as true as show below :-

2.2.2.1.1. Pseudo-distributed Configuration File

Below is a sample pseudo-distributed file for the node h-24-30.example.com.
hbase-site.xml

<configuration>
  ...*  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://h-24-30.sfo.stumble.net:8020/hbase</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>

Where as at another place in same file its mentioned as

2.4.1.1. hbase-site.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
 * <property>
    <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
    <value>true</value>
    <description>The mode the cluster will be in. Possible values are
      false: standalone and pseudo-distributed setups with managed Zookeeper
      true: fully-distributed with unmanaged Zookeeper Quorum (see hbase-env.sh)
    </description>
  </property>*
</configuration>

So its contradictory and hence i am confused. :(
Also  As i have single machine which will hosts all daemons of hadoop and
hbase what should be the ideal cpu and memory configuration ?

Regards,
Vinay