hbase-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Schless <patrick.schl...@gmail.com>
Subject Cleaning up after failed table rename
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:28:19 GMT
I was testing an hbase table rename script I found in a JIRA, and it didn't
work for me. Not a huge deal (I went with a different solution), but it
left some data I want to clean up.

I was trying to rename a table from "t1" to "t1.renamed". Now in HBase,
'list' shows 't1.renamed'. In HDFS, I have both the source and the
destination:
/hbase/t1
/hbase/t1.renamed

I'd like to clean up both HDFS and HBase, and just get rid of this table.
Two questions:
1) Can I just delete /hbase/t1/ in HDFS?
2) How do I delete t1.renamed? In HBase, when I try to disable it, I get:
ERROR: Table t1.renamed does not exist.'

I'm running:
CDH4.1.2
HBase 0.92.1
Hadoop 2.0.0