hbase-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Schless <patrick.schl...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS Restart with Replication
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 21:17:26 GMT
I'm running:
HBase 0.92.1
Hadoop 2.0.0

Is there an issue with restarting a standby cluster with replication
running? I am doing the following on the standby cluster:

- stop hmaster
- stop name_node
- start name_node
- start hmaster

When the name node comes back up, it's reliably missing blocks. I started
with 0 missing blocks, and have run through this scenario a few times, and
am up to 46 missing blocks, all from the table that is the standby for our
production table (in a different datacenter). The missing blocks all are
from the same table, and look like:

blk_-2036986832155369224 /hbase/splitlog/data01.sea01.staging.tdb.com

Do I have to stop replication before restarting the standby?