hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ionut Ignatescu <ionut.ignate...@gmail.com>
Subject How to enable metrics2?
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:55:34 GMT
Hi,

I am using HBase 0.94.11 with Hadoop 1.1.2
I want to improve my current monitoring solution and I create a custom
MetricsSink that export metrics in a custom format. This solution runs
perfect with Hadoop.
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same thing about HBase.
I have several questions:
1. What is the correct name for properties file?
I found various examples with hadoop-metrics2.properties and several jira
items (6405, 6408) that say file name should be hadoop-hbase...
2. Is there any log entry reporting metric was enabled and if yes, where is
that printed? I saw hadoop has an explicit entry saying it found or not
properties file.
3. Is there any config parameter that disables metrics2?

Thanks!