hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Bertozzi <theo.berto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Import HBase snapshots possible?
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:38:40 GMT
The ExportSnapshot will export the snapshot data+metadata, in theory, to
another hbase cluster.
so on the second cluster you'll now be able to do "list_snapshots" from
shell and see the exported snapshot.
now you can simply do clone_snapshot "snapshot_name", "new_table_name" and
you're restoring a snapshot on the second cluster

assuming that you have removed the snapshot from cluster1 and you want to
export back your snapshot..
you just use ExportSnapshot again to move the snapshot from cluster2 to
and same as before you do a clone_snapshot to restore it