hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shahab Yunus <shahab.yu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase RowKey design schema
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:18:48 GMT
What advantage you will be gaining by compressing? Less space? But then it
will add compression/decompression performance overhead. A trade-off but a
especially significant as space is cheap and redundancy is OK with such
data stores.

Having said that, more importantly, what are your read use-cases or access
patterns? That should drive your decision about row key design.

Regards,
Shahab