hbase-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Pompermaier <pomperma...@okkam.it>
Subject HBase indexing and updating
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:53:14 GMT
Hi to everybody,
I have two questions:

- My HBase table is composed by a UUID as a key and xml as content in a
single column.
  Which is at the moment the best option to read all those xml, deserialize
to their object representation and add them to Solr (or another indexing
system)?
 The problem is that the maps could flood an indexing syustem if no queuing
system is designed in front of it,. My solution was to design a RabbitMQ
solution to make it scale (I'm able to index 8 millions of objects in about
30 minutes on a Solr 3.6.1) using 24 consumers on a single queue. Is there
a better solution to index my column content?

- If I have to modify all objects in my table, is it possible to make a put
on the row that the map function is reading? How is the best way to make
massive read-and-update?

Best,
Flavio