hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Medina <pablomedin...@gmail.com>
Subject Connection pool
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 03:55:56 GMT
Hi all,

What is the recommended strategy/configuration regarding connection pooling
in production? I have read the HBase definitive guide section about it and
some old threads in the mailing list which suggests to use an HTablePool
sharing a unique HConnection. I'm wondering if this can be a bottleneck, I
mean, using the same tcp connection to a region server for all the
requests. Wouldn't it be better to have a pool of connections to region
servers instead of htables sharing the same one per region server?. Is
there anyone using a pool of HConnections? I read that one of the reasons
of sharing the HConnection is to share the cached region locations but
maybe this info can be stored/decoupled from the tcp connections management
logic and shared between a pool of connections to region servers. Does that
make sense?

Thanks!