hbase-user mailing list archives

From Samir Ahmic <ahmic.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Will hbase automatically distribute the data across region servers or NOT..??
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:26:34 GMT
Hi Vamshi,

What version of hbase you are using ? Regarding *hbase.hregion.max.filesize
*property from hbase-site.xml you should check this from hbase-default.xml :

<property>
    <name>hbase.hregion.max.filesize</name>
    <value>*1073741824*0</value> ****value is in bytes*
    <description>
    Maximum HStoreFile size. If any one of a column families' HStoreFiles
has
    grown to exceed this value, the hosting HRegion is split in two.
    Default: 10G.
    </description>
  </property>

Your have configured 100 bytes that is to very small value for region size
that is why you ended with 215 regions for such small amount of data.
Regarding region distribution hbase balancer sholud take care that regions
are evenly distributed on servers. If you want to check is balance is
enabled (it is by default) you can go to hbase shell and run
'balance_switch' command.

Cheers:)