hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oussama Jilal <jilal.ouss...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase/HDFS Data Nodes Management
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:04:25 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have some questions that I wish to get answers to regarding how HBase
and HDFS manages the data nodes.

Q1- Can I remove a node from a cluster without loosing data ?
Q2- If yes (Q1), does that depend on the replication of data between
nodes or I don't need to worry about it even if data is not replicated ?
Q3- If no (Q1), is there a way to copy the data manually ?
Q4- If yes (Q3), can I copy to another node that contains data or does
it have to be a new empty node ?

That is all I can think of right now ... any help is very appreciated,
thank you.