hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kiru Pakkirisamy <kirupakkiris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Region locality and core/thread availability
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 23:16:50 GMT

I think my app wants to hit a particular region all the time. Since my table is only read-only
(lookup). I have created more than one and randomly pick one to use. This way I can load the
whole cluster. Is there a feature in Hbase which lets coprocessors run on another region server
on another copy of the region if the original assigned region server is busy, for read only
operations or if we mark the table read-only ? I guess not.
Anyways, any tools/debugging tips to confirm this "hot region" behavior ?

Regards,
- kiru

Kiru Pakkirisamy | webcloudtech.wordpress.com