hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Re: Kudos for Phoenix
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:34:49 GMT

You still have to register the view to phoenix and define which CF's and
columns you are accessing, so this isn't entirely free form...

create view
"myTable" ("cf" VARCHAR primary key,
"cf"."attr1" VARCHAR, "cf"."attr2"
VARCHAR);

… however, "myTable" in the above example is the HBase table you created
outside Phoenix, so Phoenix doesn't need to copy any data, etc..