hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Kudos for Phoenix
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 00:16:40 GMT
Hi folks,

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Phoenix framework, and specifically for the ability
to create "view" against an HBase table whose schema was not being managed by Phoenix.  That's
a really nice feature and I'm not sure how many folks realize this.  I was initially nervous
that this was only for data created with Phoenix, but that's not the case, so if you're looking
for a lightweight framework for SQL-on-HBase I'd check it out.  For this particular scenario
it's probably better for ad-hoc data exploration, but often that's what people are looking
to do.

Doug Meil
Chief Software Architect, Explorys
doug.meil@explorysmedical.com