hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pavan Sudheendra <pavan0...@gmail.com>
Subject Trying to run HBase in standalone and not able to access Java API! Desperate help needed.
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:37:34 GMT
I've been trying to run examples from HBase-The definitve guide and
i've been encountering with this error and i'm not able to get past
it. I'm running in Stand alone mode if that helps.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: �
17136@ubuntulocalhost,32992,1373877731444
at    org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:615)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:94)
at util.HBaseHelper.<init>(HBaseHelper.java:29)
at util.HBaseHelper.getHelper(HBaseHelper.java:33)
at client.PutExample.main(PutExample.java:22)

But my HMaster process is running:

hduser@ubuntu:/home/ubuntu/hbase-book/ch03$ jps
17602 Jps
8709 NameNode