hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: HBase masters file
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 00:35:30 GMT
Hi Sudarshan,

Are you using 0.94.6? Or 0.94.6.1? The former is not recommend.

regarding the master file, no, it's not required anymore, so you can
stop looking for it ;)

Regarding the ZK nodes, sorry, I don't know how it was in 0.92 so I
can't compare.

JM

2013/7/5 Sudarshan Kadambi (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN) <skadambi@bloomberg.net>:
> HBase 0.92 used to have a /etc/hbase/conf/masters file, which contained the location
of the HBase master. Has this file been removed in HBase 0.94.6? I see the regionservers file,
but not the masters file in our deployment.

> I also used the zoookeeper-client to browse the /hbase subtree. The /hbase/master znode
is missing as well.

> Is something mis-configured in our cluster? HBase looks to be functional - and I'm wondering
how that is if I can't find any reference to the master node hostname in the configs.