hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kim Chew <kchew...@gmail.com>
Subject Some regions keep using an older version of coprocessor.
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 23:57:23 GMT
Hello there,

I have an Endpoint CP which I deployed by changing the table schema using
the 'alter' command in hbase shell. I stored my CP in hdfs. My table has 4
regions, say,

region-1
region-2
region-3
region-4

Before I deployed a new CP, I use this command to remove the old CP (Do I
have to do that?)
     disable 'mytable'
     alter 'mytable', METHOD => 'table_att_unset', NAME => 'coprocessor$1'
     enable 'mytable'

I found out that while region-1 and region-2 runs the new version of CP,
however region-3 and region-4 keeps using the older version. Shouldn't
re-enabling a table restart the regions thus reload the CPs ? Why does each
region behave differently?

Thanks.

Kim