hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kim Chew <kchew...@gmail.com>
Subject Batch.call and dead Region Server.
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 00:23:47 GMT
Suppose I have a table "foo" which spans four RS,
    RS1
    RS2
    RS3
    RS4

I have deployed my coprocessor to table "foo" and I invoke my coprocessor
using Batch.call and pass this object to HTable's "coprocessorExec".

Some how RS2 has died, it seems like I am at the mercy of the RPC after it
has exhausted its attempts to try to talk to RS2 after 10 tries, in the
mean time, my client which invokes the coprocessor keeps waiting.

Is there a way that I could detect a dead RS much faster? May be adding a
"timeout" argument to "coprocessorExec" in the future?

Correct me if I was wrong, "coprocessorExec" does not seems to be async. If
I want to make by call to the coprocessor async, do I have to resort to
something like asynchbase?

TIA

Kim