hbase-user mailing list archives

From Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com>
Subject Excessive .META scans
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:32:36 GMT
Hi folks,

We are seeing an issue with hbase 0.94.3 on CDH 4.2.0 with excessive .META.
reads...

In the steady state where there are no client crashes and there are no
region server crashes/region movement, the server holding .META. is serving
an incredibly large # of read requests on the .META. table.

>From my understanding, in the steady state, region locations should be
indefinitely cached in the client. The client is running a work load of
multiput(s), puts, gets and coprocessor calls.

Thanks
Varun