hbase-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmaseda <marcosluis2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase on EMR disk space issue
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:45:27 GMT
Regards, Oussana.
First advice: Update your HBase installation to a more recent version
like 0.94.9 for example:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12324431

The problem with EMR is the version for HBase is very old, so, it
would be nice instead EC2 for HBase with a recent version.
See the official docummentation here:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/emr-hbase-launch.html

See these tips too:
http://aws-musings.com/7-tips-for-running-hbase-in-ec2/

HBase use-cases in the last HBaseCon 2013.
http://www.orzota.com/hbase-use-cases/
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.hadoop.hbase.user/35001

My favorite is the HBase at Pinterest talk:
http://www.hbasecon.com/sessions/apache-hbase-operations-at-pinterest/
http://www.slideshare.net/cloudera/operations-session-1

--
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda