hbase-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Schless <patrick.schl...@gmail.com>
Subject stop_replication dangerous?
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:51:42 GMT
The first two tutorials for enabling replication that google gives me [1],
[2] take very different tones with regard to stop_replication. The HBase
docs [1] make it sound fine to start and stop replication as desired. The
Cloudera docs [2] say it may cause data loss.

Which is true? If data loss is possible, are we talking about data loss in
the primary cluster, or data loss in the standby cluster (presumably would
require reinitializing the sync with a new CopyTable).

Thanks,
Patrick

[1]
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/replication/package-summary.html#requirements