hbase-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Schless <patrick.schl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VerifyRep - "Replication needs to be enabled to verify it."
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:46:00 GMT
Yes [1], I set that in hbase-site.xml when I turned on replication. This
box is solely my job-tracker, so maybe it doesn't pick up the
hbase-site.xml? Trying this job from the HMaster didn't work, because it
doesn't have the mapreduce stuff, it seems [2].

[1]
[patrick@job-tracker ~]$ grep -A3 replication
/etc/hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml
    <name>hbase.replication</name>
    <value>true</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

[2]
[patrick@hmaster ~]$ hadoop jar /usr/lib/hbase/hbase.jar verifyrep
org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2444)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2687)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1620)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.<init>(ProgramDriver.java:60)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.addClass(ProgramDriver.java:103)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.Driver.main(Driver.java:36)
        at
        at
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job
        ... 12 more