hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep L <sandeepvre...@outlook.com>
Subject Region server going down when deleting a table from HBase
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:08:10 GMT
Hi,
We are using hbase-0.94.1 with hadoop-1.0.2.
Recently couple of time we faced a strange issue while deleting a table.
Whenever we are deleting a table from HBase shell using disable and drop command at least
one or two region servers are going down suddenly.
I observed following error message in region server log:
INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: STOPPED: Unrecoverable exception
while closing region REGION_NAMEjava.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DroppedSnapshotException:
region: REGION_NAME
Previously also we used to disable and drop tables, but we never seen this kind of issue.

Thanks,Sandeep.